Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wisconsin: an update.

Me and Wisconsin: bullet-style.
  • Weather here = weird.
  • A 10 year old gave me what appeared to be a gang/"bring it" symbol in the Wal-mart parking lot yesterday. I remain perplexed.
  • Owen as superbaby.... ridiculously cute.
  • Dating = fun. Who knew?
  • I'm boycotting the Y this week. Maybe if I REALLY miss working out, I'll enjoy it there? I have classes there starting next week - cross your fingers they're fun (but really, how can Latin Dance not be fun?).
  • I miss people I know. Props to you guys.
  • The knee still sucks - next update 11/5.
  • Work remains good (hooray!). I am the lead person at our site on some studies. Fun for me.
  • Why is it that new cars can't have their oil changed at oil change places? Anyone?
  • The Packers are 5-1.
  • Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are my new favorite thing. Yum.
  • I really like my apartment. Too bad it and my job are in MF.
  • If the curb is painted yellow at the corner of the block, wouldn't you assume you can park in the middle of the block? Yeah... tell that to the MF PD.
  • Ashley is really hard to get ahold of.
  • I am still in the market for a coat. Do you think I'll hate it if I order something online?

5 comments:

koprime said...

I think you'll either like it or hate it if you buy a coat online -- just do it! Most places are really good about returns. Victoria's Secret (has clothes too, and not just for hookers) sends their clothes with a self-addressed stamped return envelope.

Ashley said...

It's a myth (that the dealers LOVE) that you have to get your oil changed at the dealer to avoid voiding the new car warranty! You can void the warranty by not taking proper care of the car but not by taking it elsewhere to get an oil change! Just make sure all recommended maintenance is done and keep your records to cover your butt. I take mine to the dealer though ... but my dealer includes a wash and an infiniti monogrammed bar of chocolate! :)

stephanie said...

No - the oil change place told me I had to take it to a dealer. Weird, right? I tried to take it to the quick-change place. I'm still confused. So now I am going to the Ford dealership, who says no problem. Do you think they'll give me chocolate?

Ashley said...

Yeah, that's pretty weird that the oil change place turned you down!! Hmmmm. My sister has the same car, I'll ask her if she's done it!

Ashley said...

You've been tagged!

7 Random Things

(Wow, my non-mom brain really had to work to remember the HTML to create that link!)