Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pardon me while I jump on [the bandwagon].

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

1. Wrapping paper or bags? Definitely bags. Can you carry on wrapped gifts? Unlikely.
2. Real tree or Artificial? No tree for me, thanks. Someday... That was an easy out though, I suppose - if I had a tree it would be real, from a local farm (for a few years, anyway).
3. When do you put up the tree? 1st weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? On or just after January 1st.
5. Do you like eggnog? While my instinct is to say no, I'm not sure I've ever tried it. Katy H and her love for soynog has almost convinced me to try that, however.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When does childhood end? I guess that's a more philosophical question. I got some good stuff the year I was 17 - does that count? If not, I'm with Ashley - who remembers this? And that, my friends, says A LOT about all the money that goes into gifts.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Uncle J, no question about it. Thank goodness for this year's white elephant.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Owen, hands down.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Um, no.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, though I'm not that excited about it this year. What happened to my enthusiasm? Oh, I remember - it died with my social life.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I've also received some things from the givers of Ashley's dip set.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Actually, without a doubt.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I think I will be buying 3 presents this year - I've got time.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Carol's cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, preferably white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? For now - travel. Eventually... we'll see.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, though really I am also distracted by the word "reindeer's". 1) It's "reindeer", not "reindeers", and 2) learn to use the apostrophe.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Definitely star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The bitter Midwest weather.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red and silver/white.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? More cookies, please.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? It's a secret - I'll let you know if it works out.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

OK, there's much to be said here:

First, the thought of soynog makes me want to vomit. Second, you do realize Uncle J gives out a list of items he wants for Christmas which includes, um, "outdoor extension cords"? And ... I forgot the rest. Yay for bandwagons!

koprime said...

Jump on! #19 is why I love you.