Thursday, June 07, 2007

Drumroll, please...

I'm moving.

While I may not know when or to where, for that matter, I know a move is in my near future (sometime in July). Boss-man Dan officially resigned today, meaning in 45 days I will be out of work. I've known this was approaching for over a month, and it's been horrible to have to keep it from some of the people I am close to. All that ends today, though, with his resignation; from here on out, I will be blogging away about the many applications, cover letters, and CVs I send out. I am so sick of this process!


As of today I have two decent leads:

1) Adolescent Immunization Outreach Coordinator for the state of Washington (in Olympia), and
2) Surveillance Epidemiologist with the CDC (in Atlanta).

The Washington job is my top choice - I interviewed with them yesterday, so keep your finders crossed for me. The CDC job is moving along - today I was asked if I would "seriously consider" the position if it was offered. Too much pressure!


Anyway, this is not as exciting as becoming a foster parent, I realize, but it is the main issue in my life right now, so get ready to hear all about it.

On another note, moving in 45 days means <45 more nights listening to #12. I hate him. And her. I was seriously tempted to scream at them earlier in the week. Maybe next time.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for moving! We have our fingers crossed for a West Coast location.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is very cool. Washington kicks butt so you should definitely move here. :) But the CDC is awesome too. Good luck with everything!! (and possibly see you if you do come to WA) :)

koprime said...

do you want a buddy to ride in the car with you and the cats when you move?

because i've got dibs! and i'll have a bit of time! :)

Ness said...

We'll miss you gorgeous Stephanie! But Gainesville's loss is Washington or Atlanta's gain!! Good luck with the job hunting, I reckon you've got an excellent chance. In the meantime, get ready for loads of pool parties and general partying, we need to max ourselves out on Stephanie! Lots of love, the Aussies xxx p.s. can we have cat visitation rights?

rmtrax said...

Exciting! Of course I'm rooting for the CDC one...