Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Since it's been awhile...

I think a random post is in order.

It's hot here again. Really, really hot. Tennis on Sunday resulted in me being the sweatiest I've ever been. It was yucky. The upside of the heat is that the daily thunderstorms have started again.

Lately I really dislike being an adult. I know there are great things about it, but it's been awhile since I reaped those benefits. In the meantime I have stupid, ongoing job-related stress. It would be so much easier if there weren't bills to pay.

Boss-man Dan is leaving for his new job tomorrow. I said goodbye to his family yesterday and am going to miss them more than I realized.

I had an interview with the National Institutes of Health today. I feel big time just saying that.

I really, really dislike the job search/apply/interview system our society has created. How does anyone find the "right" job for them? I am envious of ko's life of leisure.

I wish Andrea G hadn't introduced me to Chipotle.

There are less than 10 calls to make on my current project. Praise be to whoever for that.

I saw "Surf's Up" yesterday... and liked it.

Owen is almost 2.5 months old. I love him.

My doctor misplaced the results of my annual exam and tried to get me to re-do it this week. Good times. I also started the HPV vaccine series at that appointment; "I want to be one less".

Reading the blogs has changed significantly with the departure of Mrs. Brooke. While I understand her reasoning, I am disappointed nonetheless.

There is lots of thunder in G'ville right now.

Should I stay here for a job I don't want?

My friend McK recommended the Janet Evanovich series awhile back; I started it a few weeks ago and am hooked. The problem is that they only take me about four hours to read, so I finished all that are in paper back and am waiting until the 19th for the next release. Stephanie Plum is a funny gal.

I've been recruited for the next season of co-ed softball. Hooray!

Today would have been a Mt. Dew day. Stupid giving up soda.

1 comment:

Dre said...

truly sorry for the introduction to chipotle. i heart guacamole! also, my aunt got me into the janet e. books...seriously a four hour read. entertaining, but mighty quick. any word from NIH? every time i look at a house, i point out the nearest apartment complex and say, "i found steph's place." i miss you! i will call about the FL visit soon!