Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Realization of the week, take 2.

I realized today that my new homeland will also be MF. Not M-F, mind you, but pretty darn close. It was a startling revelation. Perhaps it was meant to be? So from here on out I will be using "MF" a lot in my posts - do not be confused!

I am still uncertain as to the day of departure from G'ville. This gets a lot of good reactions when people ask when I'm leaving. "How can you not know? It's this week!" for example. Not my fault, folks, not my fault. I called my movers again today (this end and the WI end), but they "still don't have confirmation". What the heck does that mean? So I could say goodbye to my possessions as soon as Thursday (or as late as Saturday)... so sad. So I'll probably leave Saturday. Or Friday afternoon. Or Sunday. One of those, for sure.

I almost cried when I left the gym last night (for the last time). I am a huge loser. My trainer-friend was also very sad, if that makes it less ridiculous. Goodbye, GHF!

Tomorrow is my last day in the office! Good thing, since I haven't packed (that also gets a lot of good reactions). I don't have that much stuff, though. I have one more project to complete, and then I'm done! Goodbye, EHPR/ICHP!

Sometimes I think I could communicate solely via acronyms. JHSPH did it to me.

On a more fun note, I had a FANTASTIC weekend! While I discovered I cannot survive on back-to-back nights of less than 4 hours of sleep (without sleeping for 15 hours the next night - oops), it was such a great time! AFG was super surprised by the shower and very happy to see me (I am a pleasant surprise as well, it seems). The 24 hours flew by (as they tend to do when you fly somewhere for 24 hours), but here's what I managed to fit in: a bridal shower, a dress pick-up, tons of card playing, random romance, so much 270,
and miscellaneous fun.

I have decided I need to work on my blogging post-move. I'll try, I really will. The down side to moving every year is having friends scattered throughout the country (I guess that's a perk, too, if you enjoy flying as much as I do). I only have one more trip planned at the moment - hooray for the wedding!! Sept 19-23, suburban MD, here I come... again.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Random romance? You gotta explain that one...

Ashley said...

yeah, seriously, i'm starting to think i'm not nearly in the loop enough to read your blog! i don't know what you are talking about 84% of the time! so many acronyms! ... and random references!

sorry about the movers! but at least you have movers and don't have to lug boxes and couches yourself!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree I wanna know more about random romance. I need to live vicariously through somebody. Hope the move and drive go well. Welcome to cheeseland!!!

Ness said...

We miss you Steph. Lots. But Gnv/ICHP loss is MF gain. I'll say hi to tennis Mike tonight for you and of course my Mike sends his love. And yes, to jump on the bandwagon, random romance....? Pray tell! Good luck with the job on the 10th, we're thinking of you :) love Ness xx p.s. I picked up a few more Aussie sayings last week to amuse you (and only you!). If you have time please give us a bell and I'll fill you in

rmtrax said...

Hope the move went well!

koprime said...

Miss you! Please let us know you've arrived in your new MF safely, happily, etc. :)

Also -- call me when you're in the DC area if you have a spare hour!