Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rant

I am almost 27. I accept this. While I've come to terms with where I am in my life, I cannot help but wonder if perhaps I am destined to be alone forever awhile. Though tempting, "forever" was just a touch too bleak. Anyway, now that I am officially part of the dating scene (yuck), I am realizing that others in the post-divorce situation are perhaps hesitant to form relationships again. I've run across this in the newly divorced (understandable) and the not-so-recently divorced (come on, people!). I am a relationship kind of girl; I used to think this was a good thing (okay, I still think it is a good thing, but it sure is making things difficult). I crave commitment! I know this can be frightening, men, but I promise I am very nice [and smart and funny and wonderful, if you must know]. I'm going to have to ask you to stop with the mixed signals. Seriously; I can't take it anymore. I am too young to abandon dating altogether, but you're about to push me over the edge.

No comments: