Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I follow explicit directions really well.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Ran a 5k (I'm such a copycat), actively participated in a presidential campaign, played competitive volleyball/pool, flew somewhere to meet a guy, braved really, really, really low temperatures, drank champagne on election night, took a spinning class, attended a Big 10 football game.


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Pretty sure I didn't make any last year...
I have a few goals for 2009, but not necessarily resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I really had to think about this! I do not believe so (so, so sorry if I forgot about someone - ooh, does Cara count?).


4. Did anyone close to you die?
No [sound of me knocking on wood].


5. What countries did you visit?
Can this be cities/states? I say yes: Atlanta, GA (x3, thank you very much); Gainesville, FL; Chicago, IL; Portland, OR (also x3, now that I think about it); Washington, DC (x2); Tampa, FL (screw you, F/V.); Minneapolis, MN (x2). No overseas travel for me in 2008, sadly. Probably not 2009 either, but prepare yourselves for 2010...


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Someone to sleep with on a nightly basis, to be honest.


7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4: well done, Barack. Well done.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This question makes me wonder about my success... Professionally?
Being accepted to present at IDSA or the approval of one of my protocols. Personally? Continuing attempts at Central WI socialization.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Weight or finances, I would have to say.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Who could forget the infamous wrist "fracture"? Thankfully, nothing more serious.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
Another tough call - I don't tend to make a lot of purchases. I will go with plane tickets to Portland.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Barack Obama, rtrax, Travis and Ashley.
Also, what's with the random British spelling?

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The leadership of the Republican party, F/V, many others.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Living expenses, repayment of debt.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Owen, the election, the Atlanta trips, F/V. There tends to be a couple of themes to this, doesn't there?

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
1) The stupid summertime one by Kid Rock - so awful and played ALL THE TIME. Come on, people. 2) "I'm Yours", Jason Mraz.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Does my mood ever change? I'm like a rock. Okay, on the whole: sadder.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogging :)

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating baked goods? Thank you, KO'.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was well on my way.

21. How many one-night stands?
While we may not be in a courtroom, I'm going to go ahead and plead the Fifth.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Daily Show.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I can't actually come up with anyone that I hate - such a strong word. I'm pretty angry with F/V, but I agree with KO' - hatred isn't worth it.

24. What was the best book you read?
I read A LOT, and tend to enjoy pretty much everything. The "Twilight" series, "The Bright Side of Disaster", and "The Poisonwood Bible" are a few great examples.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Again I have to go with KO': definitely Owen. Who knew I was such a whiz with plastic percussion instruments?

26. What did you want and get?
Paid travel.

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I wasn't real impressed with my film selections in 2008 - better luck next year.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I flew to DC and went out for raspberry martinis with Andrea (27 - years of age, not martinis). Oddly, people aren't automatically nicer to you during air travel if it is your birthday.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Friends in Central WI.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Cuddleduds, enough said.

31. What kept you sane?
Forward thinking, a plethora of activities so that I did not get bored and have time to ponder my current situation.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Obama. Again with the British lingo?

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Sarah Palin.

34. Who did you miss?
An abbreviated alphabetical list: Andrea, Andrea, Ashley, Carol, Davette, GHF, Katy, Mackenzie, Michael, Mike O., Owen, Travis, Vanessa.

35. Who was the best new person you met?
In 2008? Cliff?

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Perseverance pays off in the long run (I'm really hoping, anyway).

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Low, low, low, low". Why not end things on a happy note?

Kudos to anyone who managed to make it all the way through this. I am incredibly uninteresting!

3 comments:

KatyH said...

Cliff!

Anonymous said...

I made it through! Cuddleduds are awesome!!! A MUST in the nasty cold frigid Midwest! :)

rmtrax said...

I have been absent from blogging for soo long. I am home alone tonight, and thought I'd check in with the pages. Did you reference me about behavio(u)r? So sweet. I don't know what I did to deserve it, though I have not responded to your email yet (always think of it when I'm not in gmail). You may need to rescind.
Hope you're well, and happier than in January?? Eh, January is a crap month anyway.