Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

I'm taking the day off tomorrow. It's been a rough week - coming in at 9, taking (somewhat ridiculously) long lunches, leaving when I'm out of stuff to do. It wears on a person.

I have to go to PT (shout out to PT-man, who does not read the blog), watch Judging Amy (high priority, obviously), go to the bank, go to the gym, and baby-sit. Even though the day is already planned (not the best kind of day off), I'm very excited by the prospect of a three-day weekend.

Academia has spoiled me in terms of holidays and vacation time. The numerous days off between November and January have ended abruptly - what do you mean no holidays until Memorial day?? That's just crazy. And so, my vacation days will soon be put to use - a trip to Dallas sometime soon, home to see the baby in April or May, for example, and to Baltimore for commencement (I think).

Sadly, my day off means no blogging until Monday - cross your fingers for an exciting weekend (to contrast with last night, when I cleaned my shower and closet). It's starting off right with knitting and Grey's Anatomy tonight; I sound like such a girl - how did this happen? Speaking of, the hairdresser told me I wasn't dressing like a girl when I got my hair cut - was that rude? I didn't strike me as so until later on. I digress. I will return on Monday with tales of wild evenings and fun, productive days.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Have fun on your "long" weekend. I know how you feel about the no vacations until Memorial Day! BYU doesn't even do spring break...the winter semester is awful. It's snowing here...I imagine you don't get that so much anymore. :)

Do some good knitting. Real good knitting. Post pictures. I'm addicted to pictures of knitting. I'm assuming your scarf is mostly decorative...it seems that wool wouldn't be in great demand in Florida. What yarn are you using? If you're going to be a hardcore knitter, you've got to tell up front what yarn you're using when you say you're working on a project. :) And yes, I seriously want to know. I'm actually very interested. (((good knitting vibes)))

I'm so glad I have a friend who knits. I'm not a loner anymore.

Ashley said...

yeah, you should post some pics of your knitting. since i gave up on that endeavor myself, i'd like to see that someone else is more successful than i. i'm just sticking to baking from now on. that's all i can get to turn out right. yay for truffles.

rmtrax said...

Well, you better have an interesting weekend. SOME people have to leave vicariously through OTHER people!

So, do we get to hang out when you are in Dallas??

And ditto with posting pics of knitting, and uh hum, your new 'do. And screw the hair stylist. Maybe they just need to be sorta mean to feel better.

buzzdoit said...

I hope you come to Baltimore for graduation! The ceremony will be boring but the celebration afterwards will be fun.

rmtrax said...

Did those tornados hit near you?