Friday, May 11, 2007

I made it.

I started the week somewhat apprehensive. I wasn't actually sure that I could make it through five days, but Friday has arrived! I have persevered! Last week I decided that I couldn't take it anymore, and that to preserve what was left of my sanity I needed to take Thursday and Friday off. It was wonderful. This, however, had the unfortunate consequence of making this week seem ridiculously long. Now common knowledge, I do not like my job. I truly enjoy my supervisor, but he's recently been gone a lot and my latest task is the yucky combination of not-so-challenging + not-so-fun + frustrating. Not a good combo. Thus, I am having some issues with my motivation. I'm hoping that once this task is complete I will move on to something more enjoyable (perhaps more sex surveys?). The week is almost over, though, and next week I will only be working Monday and Tuesday (look out Baltimore/DC, here I come!).

In honor of ko, who has recently been loving the lists (and disliking her job), I've decided to make one regarding my future employment.

Things I would like in a job:

1. Co-workers/team environment
2. Passion-invoking work/topic/area
3. Human interaction
4. Not 100% computer/cubicle based
5. Challenging/Masters skills required

That's a good start.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

thanks for the reminder of how much work sucks! i feel better now. :)

trust me though, you don't want co-workers! seriously ... just wait and see!

happy friday!