Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Stephanie: A much-needed update.

Yeah, yeah, I know; I've been missing for awhile. Sorry, folks... my blogging enthusiasm seems to ebb and flow. Nice science terminology, no? Here's what's happening with me:

I still love the gym. Seriously. I really do. If only you could tell by looking at me. Tricky. I think the problem is that I also love cookies. Oh well.

I gave up soda. I know - I used to keep Mt. Dew in production, but alas, those days are over. It's been maybe 6 weeks or so and all's well so far. I have cheated and had one (and one only) the last two weekends. But really, sooo much better that 1-2 per day, no?

I rock at tennis. Okay, so that may be an exaggeration, but I'm definitely decent. The group I play with has improved so much! Way to go, us! How will I survive in a non-Florida climate when I can't play year-round??

I'm gearing up for convocation. Is convocation just a fancy word for graduation? Is commencement just another synonym? Why do we have so many words that just mean the same thing? Anyway, 2.5 weeks to go. I plan to find a dress this weekend. I bought a fun black dress a few weeks ago (For our Bond party, if you must know. And by the way, I am such a hot Bond girl!), but it's perhaps a little too risqué for the ceremony. Post-ceremony parties, however, are another matter altogether.

I can't wait to do fun wedding planning with Andrea (in the days following graduation)!! We've been looking at bridesmaids dresses the last few weeks - I can't wait until September [22nd]!

Owen is 4 weeks old today. How did that happen? His parents finally appeased us (out here in the blogging world) with some video footage - I have the cutest nephew EVER. I get to meet him in 28 days and 22 hours (not that I'm counting or anything).

I don't like my job. It was a powerful realization that hit me recently. I do love boss-man dan, but the work I do.... not so much. There's work stuff going on (fate, perhaps?), but that's a whole different entry (perhaps soon, though).

My softball team won our first playoff game! We play the #1 seed Friday night (we beat them in the "regular season", so hopefully we can pull it out). If we lose Friday we have a double header. It's been a long, long time since I've played that much softball in one day. On this note, I still cannot hit [well]. It's SLOW PITCH, for pete's sake. I just can't seem to get the timing down. I thought it was just because I've only hit fast pitch, but you'd think that 7-8 games into the season I would have figured it out. I feel like such an idiot.Oh well, at least I contribute during the defensive portions of the game.

We might be having a "game night" this weekend. I know it can't possibly compare to "game night at the Irving's", but it might be pretty good nonetheless. Cranium, anyone?

Grey's Anatomy 2 hour event tomorrow night. Everyone's invited to my house :)

I think I might take Friday off. Stupid work.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Don't feel too bad about your batting average...I've only played slowpitch my whole life and I'm having trouble figuring out how to hit the ball again. *sigh*

Welcome back to BlogLand.

koprime said...

i've missed you! but i'm not giving up. someday i might get the hint and not call, but... that seems unlikely. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey- What did you think of grey's? We weren't impressed that they spent the majority of the time as a completely different show! Have a good Fri especially if you skip! ;)