Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blogger won't let me title this post. Tricky.

The past few days have been such a whirlwind that it's actually been nice to be back at work and feel settled. Those of you who know how I feel about work can ponder the magnitude of that sentence.

Here's [most of] what's happening with me:

Tuesday I took Jetta to the VW doctor and discovered she needed repairs that would cost more that half of her value. I'd already been thinking about upgrading to something more reliable, and this was just the motivation I needed. My tennis class was cancelled that night (stupid rain), so I took it as a sign to go look at cars. I had a very enjoyable experience (feel free to smile at this one, some of you) at Mazda, and was made an offer decent enough to take, so I went home with a new car! Hooray! I LOVE my new car! It's a 2007 Mazda3 (in silver).

Wednesday was the 4th, and I celebrated with some of the gang here - hooray for Michael's cooking!

Thursday I signed the last of my soul over to Mazda, had a job interview (for a job I didn't actually want), then left for Pensacola. My gym/tennis buddy was in a tournament, and I went along in manager/cheerleader capacity. The weather was fantastic - we spent time watching tennis, at the beach, playing mini-golf, and eating out... what a great weekend, no? I decided I need to start spending more time at the tennis center here - some of those boys were ridiculously cute. I drove, so the new car has almost 1000 miles already!

Yesterday I was out of town for work (more time in the car - hooray!), so it's nice to know I get to spend some quality time at home tonight (post-tennis, of course).

I had another interview today (for a job I actually want, thank goodness) - I'll let everyone know once I hear something this week. The job sounds perfect, but is perhaps not ideally located :)

I may be going to DC next week (hooray for airplanes!) - my life is crazy, no?

FYI:

Owen is on his first real vacation right now - I can't wait to see pictures of him at the beach!

1 comment:

koprime said...

sounds like a lot of fun! let me know if you're going to be in DC. :)