Monday, July 23, 2007

Job search update, take 47.

I continue to search for employment.

The process is quite exhausting/frustrating/painful/etc. Never in my life have I been rejected this many times; it really is quite bad for my self-esteem. I've had several (okay, more than several) interviews - hooray for me! - but zero job offers. Boo, me! Most recently I interviewed with a private company in Maryland (not in Baltimore, don't you worry)... haven't heard anything yet. I just want to find an organization that will expedite the process along (and offer me something, but that might be too much to ask). Next week I am travelling to Wisconsin (yes, you read correctly: Wisconsin) for yet another interview. This one is round two, and I know there are limited candidates left, so I have to have a decent shot at it. You'd think, anyway. The bigger question may be, however, do I want to live in Wisconsin? Not Madison or Milwaukee, mind you, but Central-middle-of-nowhere-Wisconsin. I think I will actually enjoy the town, but will it be a good move for my social life right now? I am leaning toward the conclusion that I may need to toss my social life aside for the betterment of my career (at least for the time being). I may be jumping the gun in this debate, as I don't have the job yet, but it sounds PERFECT! Literally perfect! S cross your fingers for me next week and I'll try to not screw up, as evidently I've been doing in all the previous interviews. Perhaps I need to mock interview with someone? On a positive note, I get to wear my suit again - I feel so adult when I put it on.... almost like a costume.

Enough about this. Stupid job search.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Wisconsin!

All you need to know is they are into beer, brats and cheese. I don't know if I could handle the middle of the state but it may not be too bad. I can give you my snow shovel after I am done with it this winter if you do move there. ;) I hope that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling!? hee hee

Good Luck!!!!

koprime said...

welcome back to blogland!

Ashley said...

i think the problem probably is that you are TOO GOOD for all of those jobs! i'm sure something perfect for you is right around the corner.