Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Florida may be growing on me.

I had never wanted to live in Florida. In fact, I was politically opposed to the idea. I have recently learned, however, that sometimes you don't have a lot of say in where you end up (geographically or otherwise). So now I live in Florida - though people say that my particular town is not "really" Florida because of the diversity brought in by the university. And guess what: I almost like it here.

Several factors contributed to this realization:

1. Outdoor tennis is now a year-round activity.
2. People who do not live in Florida, or other warm environments, are likely to visit mid-winter.
3. SO MANY TREES (as opposed to Baltimore, not the Northwest).
4. Gator mania is amusing as hell.

So while I miss my geographically-scattered friends and family, I think I'll probably be alright here (for awhile, anyway).

1 comment:

Ashley said...

yay for comments! i am also, as you know, politically opposed to florida. but i am happy to hear you are starting to enjoy it there. make sure you vote while you're there (although very carefully punching the card and avoid diebold[sp?] machines). florida needs more people like you! ...just don't stay too long. :)