Monday, November 13, 2006

A somewhat eclectic post.

1. I saw another gator this weekend. Florida is weird.

2. The M-F high school boys soccer team is doing very well this season. Add that they were last year’s state champs for their division, and you’ve got quite a story. I bring this up because it’s not often that one hears anything good about the M-F high school (and because I’m a big fan of the coach). For those interested, the next game is at home Tuesday – if they win, they’ll play for the championship again. Well done guys (and you too Jose).

3. I’ve decided that one of my biggest pet peeves is being ma’am-ed. I HATE IT. I realize that it’s actually very polite/courteous/whatever, but I still hate it. The Jiffy Lube guy ma’am-ed me literally 7 times during our 4 minute exchange. I was tempted to respond with a “just don’t call me ma’am again” when he asked if there was anything else he could do for me, but I figured that might throw off his game. This is also commonplace at the supermarket. Publix loves to ma’am, and there it’s usually done by 16 year old boys, making me feel quite old. I don’t feel like a ma’am. I’m not sure if and when this transition will occur, but until it does – please don’t ma’am me.

5 comments:

KatyH said...

I like "miss" much better than "ma'am." For what it's worth.

Ashley said...

i can't get over how people from small towns follow high school sports. being married to your brother, i'm starting to get used to it. (last year, we happened to be in seaside when the m-f soccer team played some big game and i had the pleasure of attending.) but it's still just weird. where i come from only high schoolers and parents of current high schoolers care about high school sports and/or attend games. but nevertheless, go m-f! :)

illuminati said...

got some cool post out thr

Chapo said...

I am a firm believer in ma'aming. In fact I remember you telling me not to ma'am you. I still did it anyways :P Its a southern thing ;0 Oh and goooo MF! I just read about them in the Oregonian :)

buzzdoit said...

Honey you're in the South now and when in Rome...
:)