Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Feel my wrath, V-day, feel my wrath.

I'm seeing Valentine's Day from an unfamiliar perspective this year: from that of a single person. Stupid Valentine's Day. Stupid Hallmark. Stupid love. Okay, maybe not love. But you get the drift. And while I feel silly admitting this, I feel I must be honest - I had hoped that by this stupid, made-up holiday I would have found someone [male] to share it with (even casually) . Stupid dating. Stupid Valentine's Day.

It's funny though, because it really has always been my least favorite "holiday" (I also have issues with Mother's, Father's, and Grandparent's Day). While in my foolishly long relationship I couldn't have cared less about February 14th. I still find it incredibly foolish that the retail industry must tell our society when to buy gifts for our loved ones; but this year I'm giving in - I want a valentine! And no, yours doesn't count, Ashley. And so I find myself irritated while shopping for shampoo at Target - stupid Valentine's display. Stupid pink and red candy everywhere. And I wonder why I don't have a date... :)


I was given a fantastic compliment a couple of weeks back by my fantastic Australian friend. He is also perplexed as to why I am not being courted right and left (hahaha...). He thinks it may relate to the sense of confidence I exude, which is "intimidating". Hhhmmmm.
I appear confident? I do not feel very confident. Confusing. And so, to all those eligible suitors - I am not [overly] confident! I promise!

Stupid Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

men these days are cowards. they are afraid to approach women. it's definitely not you. it's the men! :)

you'll be lucky if you get a valentine from me this year with this kind of attitude towards the 'holiday' though! ;)

koprime said...

agree -- stupid vday. let's go on vacation instead!

Anonymous said...

It is a stupid holiday but I will be in Boston with lots of friends & not at school (the true bonus of going to the conference)!! And boys are stupid as we have always known! ;)

rmtrax said...

these ladies know what they're talking about. What about the Aussie??