Thursday, January 18, 2007

If someone hands you money...

Smile, and say thank you.

This used to be my favorite saying, as there was some funny story behind it, but now I can't remember the story and cannot for the life of me figure out why I found it so amusing. Can anyone help me out here? I am giving myself ten minutes to blog, and then must write, write, write. Along with Ash's, my motivation has left the building (it's been gone for months, but we all knew that). I was supposed to write this weekend, but instead cleaned, baked, and watched waaay too many episodes of Alias (season 1). And though it was a fantastic time, I continue to feel guilty about it. I'm not quite sure why I seem to be sabotaging myself, but I am. IT ENDS TODAY! I plan to write my little heart out all day and send a decent draft to Dan before I head home. I can do it!

On a slightly more fun note, I cut my hair last night. First time since July 2005! I'm crazy! It's actually relatively short (chin length) - she even had to use a razor in the back. I really like it though, and feel much more "adult-ish". The only think I'm having a difficult time with are the side-sweep bangs, which I haven't had since 7th grade and are quite irritating (but so cute!).

I think the most interesting, blog-worthy thing about this week is my bird-poo story. That's right: bird poo. After not leaving the house on my productive Monday (see above), I left for work Tuesday morning to find that my car was COVERED in bird poo. I have never seen so much bird poo. None of it was there Sunday night, but it was RIDICULOUS by Tuesday morning. I parked in my normal spot, but discovered that my car had been targeted by a vicious, poo-filled flock of birds. Actually, I was told Tuesday night that "the robins are in town", whatever that means. I realized, though, that "in town" actually meant "living in the tree above your car". It's really, really yucky (and rather amusing, in a gross way). My Aussie friend even took a picture of it - if you're lucky I'll post it.

Time's almost up - happy Friday eve.

1 comment:

rmtrax said...

I don't think I knew about this love of Judging Amy! It is sooo good! Ohh, it'd be hard to leave in the middle. I love the brother in the band, forgot his name, and David is very very hot! Maxine is a great character!

I can't believe I was missing this for so long. Thats awesome that you go home for lunch to watch :)