Thursday, March 29, 2007

Travel update.

It's been almost a month since I was on a plane. Once I realized this I decided it was time to plan my next trip. I can honestly say one good think about being single is the ease of travel (specifically travel planning and expenses) - I love it. Anyway, so far here's what I have planned:

April 5-8: Dallas, TX

I get to go see Katy (and Rita, of course)! I'll take off from work on Thursday and be there all weekend - and it's Easter! Perhaps there will be an egg hunt? Easter candy? Easter baskets WITH Easter candy? I'm ridiculously "a-religious", but excited about this nonetheless. I get to meet Moony and Lucy and see where Katy lives. It's going to be fantastic!

May 15-19: Baltimore, MD/Washington DC

Graduation/Convocation! I haven't participated in a graduation-type ceremony since high school, and am sadly very excited about it. I figure that's good, since I paid $50k for the diploma. I mean... knowledge. There's a "hooding ceremony" for the doctoral students. I think that might be worth another $100k. Well, almost. I'm going to party like it's 1999 and do wedding stuff with Andrea #1. I can't wait! I'll be in Germantown, but hopefully I'll get to trek into the city to see ko & d. Hooray!

May 31-June 4: Portland, OR

I get to meet Owen! Need I say more? Yay! However, I better have access to photos and video before then - 6 weeks is a long time to wait to meet your first nephew!

So those are my plans for the next couple of months - I love traveling. I'm one of the odd few (like ko) who love airplanes and airports. However uncomfortable they may be, I love the feeling of walking off the plane and being in a new city - you can't beat it.

1 comment:

buzzdoit said...

Yeah B-more!